We have created a simple budget to help you get finances organized at the beginning of this journey and a detailed budget to use when you are farther along the path.
Why use a Budget?
Since most widows lose nearly seventy-five percent of their income, it is critical to look at your income sources and living expenses to make financial decisions for the present and future.
- A budget helps you figure out your long-term goals and work towards them. It also enables you to map out your goals, save your money, and keep track of your finances.
- Staying within your budget keeps you from spending money that you don't have on things you might not need.
- A budget helps you save for the future. If you cut back a little now, it will make your future or retirement years much more manageable.
- Budgeting for an emergency fund helps meet unexpected financial needs without going into debt to pay for them.
- A budget can reduce financial stress because it reveals your spending habits, refocuses your financial goals and takes the worry out of how you're going to make enough.
- Many people think a budget is restrictive. Actually, it frees us up to spend time on those things we have budgeted fort, without any guilt.